Sunday, October 27, 2013

Beauty Post Nr. 5

Why, hello everyone! Missed me? I'm back from the Spanish holiday (wonderful times!) and already started to get ready for the next one - in 5 days I'm flying to Romania, where I'll be spending a week with my family and friends. Now that I have some photo material, I thought I'd get back to blogging, but before I post some photos from beautiful Barcelona & Tenerife, I'll show the ladies around (and gentlemen, if interested) the "results" of my beauty shopping spree - I know I have some readers that are beauty bloggers themselves and some of them requested this haul

However, if beauty stuff does not interest you at all, feel free to skip this post and have a glimpse at a beautiful Canarian sunset HERE.

In no particular order, this is what I got:

Clarins Extra Comfort Foundation

If there's one thing that particularly interests me when it comes to face products, it's foundation (& concealer). I don't have many, but I've been looking for that perfect one and I almost dare to say I found it (based on just a couple of trials, but I work that way, I know instantly if I love or hate a product). I'm not good at making proper reviews, but to describe it in just a few words, it's medium/full coverage, has a creamy texture, sits well on the face, has good lasting power and it's enriched with some oils (it's apparently an anti-aging product, or something). Packaging is not very practical, but oh well. I got it in the shade "sand", I heard they don't bring the lightest shades in Spain (maybe I would have bought the "nude"), since people there have quite a tan, but I'm happy with how it's matching my (now) tanned face. It usually costs 43 EUR, but I got it with a 15% discount from a shop in Barcelona.



St. Tropez Instant Tan

This was an unexpected purchase, I only picked it because it came with a magazine. Or rather I picked the magazine and this happened to be included. I initially thought it was some normal body lotion, but at a closer look it turned out to be a self-tan cream. Although I very rarely use tanning products, I like this one, it smells very good and works like a charm. I used a very small quantity and rubbed it in like a normal moisturizer - instant tan on the face, me happy! I think the normal price is around 10-15 EUR, but I got it, as said above, with a magazine, for 5,99 EUR.



essence cosmetics

No, no capital E in the name of the brand, so I've heard! As we don't have this one in Finland I decided to stock up on a few things, since I knew their products were very cheap (we're talking 1 to 10 EUR) and of decent quality. So I got some nail polishes, a couple of lipsticks & other bits and bobs. 


Clarins Gentle Eye Make-up Remover Lotion

Now, I'm not one to use makeup on holidays, or at least not the beach kind. However, at dinner time, especially if we go to some nice restaurant, some mascara and lipstick won't hurt. As I was running out of my old eye makeup remover, I spotted this randomly and snatched it. I got it discounted for 13,50 EUR, but it apparently retails for 28 EUR (!!!) on Finnish websites. I would honestly never pay 28 euros for something that basically ends up on a cotton pad and eventually in the bin. 13 euros seemed reasonable, just because I was on holiday, but I usually use mass-market stuff to do this kind of job.



Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser

Basically the latest "discovery" in the concealer department, much raved about on beauty blogs. I got it in the shade "light", paid about 6 EUR for it, and got it not so much because I was in need (I already have a couple of others and luckily not that many issues with dark circles, etc), but because we don't have it in Finland and I've been reading so much about it that it made me want to have it. And I've already mentioned my soft spot for this kind of products.



Bourjois stuff

Namely the "Peach on the Beach" lip crayon and a makeup remover lotion. The first I got because I love the color and we don't have Bourjois in Finland (or at least not all products) and since I ran out of face makeup remover too, I grabbed this "lait frais demaquillant" from the counter. The crayon was 11 EUR, the lotion 7.


Anian Liquid Keratin

Because I heard it's good for the hair and I love hair care products. Price -  4,50 EUR.


Travalo

So finally I got my hands on this little thingy! I've been wanting one forever, I seem to travel a lot lately and I usually try to pack as little as possible, just so I can bring back more stuff (this is usually the case when I travel to Romania and return with my suitcase almost bursting - my parents make sure I come back loaded with all kind of stuff). Carrying a normal sized perfume bottle is most of the time out of question, as they're usually quite heavy, but I also kind of never wanted to pay a good 19 EUR for this "device" - I once found it with 15, thought it was still too expensive and surprise-surprise, it was 11 EUR in the duty-free in Barcelona, so I decided it was time I picked one. I'm sure it'll be quite handy for my future travels.


So I guess I should end this post before it becoming a novel. I did get a couple of other small stuff, like SPF lip balms, a local brand Aloe Vera hair mask to use after being in the sun, which unfortunately I forgot in the hotel room (a cheap one, so no financial damage done), a shampoo (again, Aloe Vera one), lots of souvenirs and gifts. Speaking of, my friend in Barcelona was very kind and gave me a "goody gift bag", including an eye shadow kit, a mascara and a magnetic nail polish. 


Can't wait to try them all properly!

Most photos in this post have as source Google images.

6 comments:

  1. Woooo! I love all of your haul, Mila! We have essence here, and I love their products. So cheap but they're good quality. And I really must try that Clarins foundation.
    That St.Tropez has been on my list for a long time but haven't bought it yet. Good to know it's worth it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul, Mila!
    Enjoy your time in Romania.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great picks! i gave away a travolo last year and it's one of my most-used travel gadgets--i use it for so many things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sa le folosesti cu placer si bine ai revenit inainte de toate!
    :) acolo vad si "time for romance", asa-i? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time for romance e oja de la essence, nr 112(parca), da. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love beauty products. If I had more money...my bathroom would probably be out of control. :)

    Those lip crayons are my favorite. I can't wait to hear what you think of everyone. And enjoy the next trip!

    ReplyDelete