Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Beauty Post Nr. 1

Beauty blogger that I am (and lacking new photo material - but wait til I get back from Austria) I thought I'd put down a different series of posts for the next days, namely my beauty favorites. It's either this, or leaving the blog unhandled for more than a week. Today's post is dedicated to:

HANDS & NAILS

When it comes to hand lotions and moisturizers, I don't really have any favorites, as they all seem to work the same. I've had pricey ones, such as Kiehl's Salve (ca. 15 EUR), as well as cheap ones, such as Delia Coral (1 EUR). Bottom line is, I don't care what the brand is, as long as the lotion does the job and it's not super greasy. I have one on my office desk at work, one on my office desk at home, one on my bed stand, one on my hubby's bed stand, but none in my bag, which annoys me so, every time I figure out I'm missing it. I do use hand creams quite often, but mostly only after washing my hands, or else I have the feeling I'm just mixing dirt with lotion (weird?!). I don't do hand scrubs, don't generally care about SPF in a hand lotion and always wear gloves for hand protection when I do house work. I buy hand soaps randomly, pretty much always in a liquid form and I'm inclined to turn to the eco/bio/organic products as soon as I finish what I'm currently using.


The nail polish I buy is usually shimmery and in pastel/metallic shades - I find it glides better on the nail and is much easier to apply. I like glitter and sparkle as well (and I don't mind wearing it at the office, too), while matte for me equals messy fingers. Latest acquisitions are Flormar duo chrome DC01 and DC05 (ca. 3 EUR each). I also wanted to own a nice red nail varnish, and the winner was Wet n Wild "I red a good book" (ca. 4 EUR). To make sure I follow the "crackle" trend, I recently bought the brightest orange crackle nail polish just to try out, for the amazing price of 0,90 EUR. I only bought it because of the price really, I saw it online in the "sale" section. The crackle mani looks nice, but I'm not necessarily a huge fan.
I'm not a nail expert, but I manage to do a decent manicure at home, while for pedi I always go to the salon. I can't do nail art, though I tried the marble technique a couple of times, with decent results, but as these things take time, I prefer to stick to normal, 1-color manicure - and praise whoever invented Seche Vite (ca. 13 EUR) dry fast top coat, it is the bestestest top coat ever! Before this great discovery, I used to use a nail dryer fan that my hubby bought, as it was a real pain for me to dry and keep the nails "in order" after painting, what with Pickles asking for petting and playing and all.
I wear my nails short and never cut my cuticles; I do use a cuticle remover once a week, followed by a quick massage using whatever oil I have around (currently, it's Nuxe).




So there! That's it! No personal photos, as I don't usually take photos of my manicure or other beauty bits in my life. The source of the photos is good ol' Google and/or the brand's official website.
Also, a quick last note, if I made mistakes, please remember I'm not a native English speaker. But feel free to correct me!

13 comments:

  1. You seem much more up on this than me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Seche Vite is the best.topcoat.ever! I'm obsessed with that thing. I will have to check out that WetnWild though. I've never tried it.
    And I've always liked Kiehl's but have never tried the hand lotion. Will check it out next time I go.
    Hope you're having fun in your trip:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reminds me that I gotta probably redo my pedi. I'm also overdue for a salon treatment!

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
  4. Topcoat-ul si nuxe da stiu ca sunt populare :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admire the fact that you manage to follow such a beauty routine. I use a lot of hand cream, I just got one that i cary in my purse and i love it. oh and i absolutely have to try the seche vite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great reviews (and I think you English is great).

    ReplyDelete
  7. sunt indragostita de uleiul acela , din pacate la noi nu se mai gaseste nicaieri !

    ReplyDelete
  8. u knwo soo much thankkk


    thank for your comment ♥♥
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Michaela, nice posting. I like the wet n wild nail polish.

    Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete